I have to be honest though and say, the fear I had when I was pregnant with him is still here, but not the same. I'm still terrified something is going to happen to him, but I feel like I have a better sense of control over it, if that makes any sense. I'm not worried that my body is going to kill him overnight like I was. His head right now scares me the most. I keep thinking of Fools Rush In, when the one relative tells Matthew Perry's character to hold the baby's head when she hands him her baby and he says, "Why, is it going to fall off?" LOL! But I have a feeling he's not quite as fragile as I think he is. He's a tough little guy. I am constantly checking to see if he's still breathing or poking him to make him move. I know if Alexandra was here, I would have done that with her too, but I doubt it would be on my mind all the time. I think after a loss, it's just natural to imagine everything that can/could go wrong. I know most parents do anyway, but I think after a loss, those thoughts stay with you even more. Nevertheless, despite all the fear, I am loving every day with Joshua. I love the diaper changing. I love the feedings. I love the crying. I love it all!
Here are a few pictures of the little guy. I realize I haven't been blogging as often as I would like, so if there are any questions about Joshua or whatever, please ask. I realized after I had Joshua, there were so many questions and things I had no clue about and I wish I would have asked beforehand!! So, I'd be happy to answer any questions if there are any.
When I was pregnant, I refused to read anything about what happens AFTER the baby is born because I thought it might "jinx" things...and now I'm thinking, hmm..maybe I should have read some of that stuff after all. :-) So I'm still learning too... A LOT.



Such a handsome little man! Heartfelt congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI love him...but this you already know. I will never forget the day he was born...he has brought so much joy and hope to my life....thank you for having him =D
ReplyDeleteMaggie, Joshua is adorable! I'm so happy for you & your husband! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThe time really does go by fast! Joshua is such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet boy!! Time definitely flies :)
ReplyDeleteI did read stuff before having Naomi and I ended up disagreeing with a lot of it and forgetting what I wanted to remember, so hey it's a learn as you go process anyway since every baby is an individual. I am SO HAPPY to have another rainbow update pop up in my blog feed in the midst of all the loss. He is so adorable Maggie! Oh, and I poke Naomi a lot too because even if I can kind of tell she's breathing I have to make SURE by making her flinch in case the breathing is only my imagination or something(sometimes I think I'm crazy)lol...
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month Joshua, this month has gone by so fast. He is darn adorable! You could have 1000 books but they would have never prepared you. I agree with Michelle you learn as you go. Joshua I am sure is pretty good at telling what he wants and needs. So enough you will notice him even becoming demanding about it. My son is 3 and I still watch him sleep and occasionally poke him to move. Enjoy him because before you know it he will be running around your home knocking everything down.
ReplyDelete