Monday, January 3, 2011

33 weeks

I had a 33 week ultrasound today and everything is looking well. I say that with a deep breath because I'm still not satisfied with the "everything looks great" phrase. I wish I could be, BUT it's a new year and a new baby... so I'm trying my hardest! I felt really good after this appointment and we received some exciting news. My doctor wants to schedule a c-section at 37-38 weeks! Given my history, he doesn't want me to go any further along than that and that is 100% fine with me! We were going to try VBAC, but since there is a chance of uterine rupture, then I think we're going to schedule the c-section, unless I go into labor before then. I'm good with that too. I hated my c-section, but if I can have one with my baby safe in my arms, I'll gladly take the pain and long recovery period for that. Next week, I start NSTs twice a week and have another ultrasound in two weeks... the scary 35 week mark. I'm hoping that I can make it through this month. It feels so close now. I'm excited and terrified of reaching 35 weeks. But with all my NSTs, monitoring and seeing the doctor then, it makes me a little more comfortable. Hang in there Joshua, just a few more weeks! 4-5 to be exact! :-)

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to meet your little man! It's so good that your doctor is giving you options and keeping a close watch on you. I know it's hard not to hold your breath for the next two weeks, and I and I can't promise you anything, but you and Joshua are in my thoughts. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all of the above with you...as you already know we share that same "35w1d" milestone.....I am super excited about you being 33w!! i can remember you getting a BFP like it was yesterday..<3 i am going to be here for you through these next few weeks...I know its an experience every mom wants to have (vag birth) BUT I think after the experiences we already had TEAM ALIVE is the way to go no matter how it comes out....I totally agree, pain and healing WITH a baby much better!!! PRaying to who ever listens!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those milestones are scary but take it day by day and you will get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so close! I am planning a VBAC, but will be fine with a c-section if that is what it takes to bring this baby into the world safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie you are so close and I am so glad your doc. is willing to deliver early too! I will keep you close to my heart these next few weeks. I know it is going to be very emotional for you. I love your attitude though. A new year and a new baby! I think I will steal that one from you. As far as the c-section goes you need to do whatever feels right for you. I have seen so many successful VBACS, but I have also seen unsuccessful ones too. You need to feel good about your choice! The recovery will nothing compared to the joy you will feel having your son safe in your arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I just finding this blog now???

    I'm glad that you've chosen to do another c-section...I've had a uterine rupture and I know that they're rare but why take a chance...you know?

    You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you as you reach 35 weeks, and as you make plans with the doctor! Hang in there...big ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad things are looking good. I know that the time can't come soon enough b/c that's how I felt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maggie, I havent left you a comment in a while but I am keeping up with blog reading when time permits. Every time I read a post from you I feel like replying "i know exactly what you mean" - i guess while im here i'll reiterate you are never alone on the journey and that I have everything crossed for you and your rainbow. Take care and try and stay positive - its not easy *hugs*
    Lana

    ReplyDelete