Wednesday, January 19, 2011

15 days....

I and Joshua have to hang in there for fifteen days. I'm anxious to say the least. It's only two weeks, but it feels like an eternity. If I could stay up for the next two weeks, I think I would be fine, but the nights are the hardest. I have anxiety every single night. I give Joshua a "pep talk" every night telling him to hang in there for a couple of more weeks. My husband talks to him and tells him to "stay alive tonight".... Expecting fathers should not have to do that. Every night I'm thinking, 'what if he doesn't make it through the night?' What if this turns into a nightmare all over again? What am I going to do? I cannot handle losing another baby. I feel like I am so close and so far at the same time. I'm trying to get excited, but remain cautious at the same time. It's such a mixture of emotions. I hate that I cannot blissfully just look forward to this baby coming like a normal pregnant woman. I want to brag about nesting. I want to act innocent and I almost want to be able to be one of "those" women who complain about the last few weeks because they are so uncomfortable, but I will never do that because I have grown to hate those kind of women. I'm enjoying every kick and turn. I don't mind the kicks in the ribs. I don't mind not being able to sleep, but I do mind not being able to sleep because I'm afraid my baby will die during the night. I don't think any mother should have to have that worry. Most mothers worry about that after their baby is born. I already am. :-(  I'm almost thinking of asking my doctor to push up my c-section too, like the day I turn 37 weeks! Is that even possible? I suppose I could ask. My anxiety is getting the best of me, so maybe it's worth a shot or maybe, I can hang in there for the next two weeks. I just want him in my arms safe and sound.

10 comments:

  1. Hang in there, dear friend!!! Thinking of you often, and praying that things continue to go well! I went through everything you are going through now; I think it's impossible to not have this much anxiety as you get closer. Bringing meeting him and bringing him home will absolutely be bittersweet, there's no doubt about it, but in the long run, he will become the little light of your life! Hugs and much love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Susan - hang in there! It's getting so close, and I can imagine it feels so far away!

    I'm pretty new to following your blog, so I can't remember if I've posted anything before or not. I'm expecting my first "rainbow" baby in May. And I can imagine I will be more than ready to have this girl of mine in my arms safe and sound as my due date gets closer. (I'm already ready for that...!)

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scary and so "normal" to us. I am here right along with you, Maggie.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on my heart, Maggie. I can feel your anxiety - wish you didn't have it but there is no getting around it after what you've been through. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie I'm praying for you and Joshua and my heart goes out to you as it gets so anxiety ridden for you. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, i can only imagine what you are going through... When i was pregnant with Angel, before tragety struch, i asked my doctor about having her at 37 weeks if only she would hold on that long and he said 37wk and 1 day......
    love you, cant wait to see little Joshua in your arms xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand your fear, sadly it is normal for rainbow pregnancies. I wish that wasn't so. Hang in there, I am praying for you and Josua. Can't wait to see his precious little face being held in your arms. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand that those last few weeks can fill you with anxiety. I felt it myself. I was so ready for her to arrive and be safe in my arms. Praying these next days go quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been thinking about you so much Maggie. I'm wishing time would just speed up so Joshua would be here safe and sound! Anxiety is our constant companion these days...but our little ones are worth it :-). Hang in there for a few more days. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to hear of little Joshua's safe arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it will pass by quickly! can't wait to see him in you arms :)

    ReplyDelete