Monday, August 23, 2010

14 weeks

I had another doctor's appointment today and I'm pleased to say all is well. The baby's heartbeat was a strong 150 bpm. Other than the constant worry, things are pretty uneventful, so that is good. I cannot help but think how familiar this all is though. I'm pregnant again in August just like last year. I have at least three other friends (non-babyloss) who are also pregnant and expecting babies at all different times, just like last year. I can't help but wonder if I'm going to be the one left behind again? Is everyone else going to have their babies just fine? Will I end up being the one who had something tragic happen to them again? Will I have to endure seeing babies that should be the age mine should be posted all over stupid Facebook again? I hate that I have these thoughts, but I can't help it becuase, well it happened last year. Thinking positive is so very hard, especially when it's still a little too early to feel any movements yet. Maybe once that happens, I'll "calm" down a little bit. But for now, I'm just going to be thankful that everything was good today and hope with all my heart that it continues to be good from here on out! That's all I can do! :)

11 comments:

  1. glad to hear all is well...sending you positive thoughts!! this is your time. Next year at this time you will have a beautiful healthy baby keeping you up at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy my little jumping bean is healthy and strong....i know what you mean with 'last year i was' I am praying that you are NOT the one left out this year again....love you and so glad to see that HB strong...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad for a good strong heartbeat!! hang in there! those positive thoughts are really hard...i tend to do well right after an appointment for 3-4 days, and then wonder if something awful has happened til the next appointment. ugh. big ((hugs)) dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the appt was good! I pray it continues and that in a few months you'll be holding your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeay, uneventful is good! I know just what you mean...I have the same thoughts from time to time. I think of you and your little one often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad everything is going good ... praying that it stays that way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO happy things are going well for you and rainbow and I'm rooting for the both of you and praying everyday! Love you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You aren't going to be the one left out this year Maggie!! So glad things are going well!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear the appt went well. Thinking of you and I hope that you are not the one left out and that you will be holding your precious baby before you know it. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so hard to remain positive throughout pregnancy after loss, there are good days and bad days. Thinking of you and praying that your sweet baby will be here in several months :)

    ReplyDelete