I had an ultrasound done today and all is well!!! I was nervous about this one too. I have to be honest and say I finally broke down last Sunday and whipped out the old baby doppler. Curiosity was getting the best of me, so I sat down and tried to listen. I heard a whoosh, whoosh sound, but I wasn't sure if that was my heart or the baby's. And after that, I couldn't really hear the familiar heartbeat that I heard from Alexandra every day, so I gave up and most likely will not be doing that again (and I say that laughing because I just have to!). I will say that for not hearing a guaranteed heartbeat that day... I handled it all pretty well. I knew I was still pretty early and I remember not being able to hear Alexandra's right away with it, so I just told myself I'm no doctor and threw it back down on the floor where it was (yes, not even gently placed back to whereever it should be). After that, I was a little nervous and the worst was in the back of my mind, even though it already is every, single day. I wish I could stop thinking like that!
However, today was great. The baby's heartbeat was 165 bpm and was moving around all over the place. That makes for a very relieved Mommy & Daddy! :) Keep it up lil' jumping bean!!!
p.s. I also have to add this little annoyance that has just been eating at me. I've put several updates on Facebook about the pregnancy. Every time I do it, I kind of cringe because I am fearful of the ones I could be "hurting". I remember it all too well and it still gets me sometimes, but I have a lot of family on there and sometimes it's the only way they will get an update (because I sure am not telling them!). Ha ha. Anyway, after some updates here and there, I've noticed some people who never even said a word about Alexandra are all about the "Congrats Maggie!!!" Oh! Where were you the last eight months?! Now that I'm pregnant, it's safe to comment on all my status updates? They all come out now.... (ok, vent over). :-)
So happy to hear all is well!!! You can't trust those dopplers until you are closer to 16 weeks. So, don't pick it up again for a few more weeks! As for FB I completely understand why you have to post there and just so you know no offense is taken by me. Just try and remember sometimes peopled on't know what to say, so they don't say anything at all. I try to remember that everyday and there are times I don't believe it. Hopefully that was the case!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You need to go to BBC and read my post!!!
unfortunately some people are only comfortable replying to the good stuff. glad your ultrasound went well!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear everything went well with your appointment!!
ReplyDeleteexcellent news about the bean maggie - i think you are very bave using the baby doppler - we dont have one but i seriously contemplated getting one recently but the midwife assured me that if i ever had a need to hear cashews heart for whatever reason that i could go in to see her. she suggested that was a better alternative than the stress of not finding the heart beat - in hindsight i agree with her!
ReplyDeleteon the face book note - eeekk.. im starting to hate FB.. for its pregnancy announcements.. i have not announced this pregnancy to the world.. i can literally count the people that know about it on my fingers and toes! thats the way i like it.. fortunately my family is very small and my partners family is in another state and i am not showing hugely yet so apart from my close colleagues i havent told anyone at work - though im sure the gossip may have gone around - but no one have asked me - i like this! hehe!
keep up the good work dear!
Lana
I understand that fb vent all too well.
ReplyDeleteGlad the appointment went well. Hang in there. Thinking of you!
love my "Jumping Bean" and Love you...im sorry that people acknowledging Jumping Bean's progress is a reminder of how they "forgot" about Alexandra...I agree with Michelle, people dont know what to say...But sometimes ((hugs)) is all you want to hear you are feeling the love...THAT annoys me, and that is why I say DELETE lmao....its FB that has brought me my tears the last few weeks and I have come to "hate" it too and yet I wont get off because of all of you....That doppler story nearly made me cringe as well, good thing I heard the HBPM lol...I say back off of that for a while...love you xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were reassured with the US about your little one's heart beat! Yay!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is very annoying that people can comment now but not about Alexandra.
I want to put my pregnancy on FB, but haven't been brave enough yet. LOL Soon...soon!! I think I fear the same thing *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYAY for a fantastic appt!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome, I am glad that you had a very reassuring visit and heard the baby's heartbeat, I know that was a relief!
ReplyDeleteI agree its annoying that people are commenting now.