Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Feels like the first time

This is my second pregnancy, but it feels like my first. It almost seems silly considering I was pregnant only around eight months ago! I feel like I should know everything. I should know what is safe to eat. I should know the aches and pains. But I don't. I second guess everything I eat. I don't know how many times I've googled, "is it safe to eat...". It drives me crazy too because I shouldn't have to second guess everything. I should have had my baby and I should not have to be pregnant two summers in a row. But I am because my baby died.

It feels like I have been away from this space for a while. It's mostly because I am convinced this new baby wants me to do nothing, but eat, sleep and sit on my ass watching TV. :-)  Last Friday I called off work because I was having terrible pains in my stomach. It takes a lot for me to call off work too! But this time, I'm not going to mess around. If I feel bad, I'm staying home. I went in to see my doctor that day and she said they were normal pains. After eight hours of them not going away, we finally decided to just to to the  ER to make sure it wasn't appendicitis or anything like that. We had an ultrasound and everything was fine. I think my favorite part was when the ER doctor told me very bluntly, "You'll either have a healthy baby or you won't...and seeing that you already had a miscarriage, I'm sure you are aware of that". Uhh...thank you doctor...ASS. As if I didn't know that already and hey! I had a STILLBIRTH, not a miscarriage, thank you very much!!! But all is well and overall, I feel okay. Today is my first attempt at getting caught up here reading blogs. If I don't comment, know that I'm still here and I am reading. :-)

10 comments:

  1. I sometimes think the internet is my friend in regards to "is it safe to..." And other times it just strikes more fear into my heart and makes me wish I had my own ultrasound machine...or time machine to jump to 40 weeks. Each pregnancy is different, so I guess we just hang on for the ride. I'm right there with you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dr did NOT say that to you?! How appalling and completely insensitive. Ooh, I wish I could shake some people!!!

    Good job listening to your body and taking care of you and your babe! Take all the time off that you need!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the doc said that to you.

    Definitely listen to your body. Its the best thing you can do *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok DONT go there every again...and TWO you didnt call me!!!! that is a big no no and you are getting a TIME OUT!!! ...ok...now back to your "first time" i like to think that EVEN if Alexandra was here you would still be cautious cause we are psycho neurotics who just cant accept that SOMETHING isnt wrong...and I have to say I AM SO PROUD OF YOU..do NOT let one thing go by, they get paid, this isnt charity work....let them EARN their money and ease your mind instead...and NO OFFENSE to those who HAVE m/c before but THIS IS NOT THE SAME....you had to deliver, get milk, get stitches..BURY a baby and visit a grave...THIS WAS A BABY...had she taken a breath for a second and then died would they call her something else, yes..to us SHE IS A BABY!!! and I am so sorry he said that to you..and he is SO GLAD he didnt say it to me =)

    ok, pinkie swear YOU MUST always let me know when these things happen, i can be there for you...even just to make you laugh while your nervous..I will let this slide..lololol..love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have written so much of this myself! I find myself second guessing things I thought I knew. I am happy you had a good ultrasound. Sorry you had a doctor that said that to you! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been doing the same thing Maggie, looking everything up. In fact when I was pregnant with Audrey I didn't read "What to expect.." but I thought I better with this one b/c God forbid I miss something ELSE that could go wrong. Good for you to take it easy when you feel it's needed, it's just not worth it to push despite what you're feeling.
    Crappy doctors should all be put in a detention room and made to read all our stories! That's my idea of "sensitivity" training!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Maggie, that doctor is an A**... I am glad everything is okay. Thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, With each of mine I have felt like it was the first time because they are so different! I have been from one extreme to the other with my pregnancies!

    OK as for that doc. (I'm trying not to use as much fowl lingo) He is a BIG BUTTHOLE!!! You should have texted me and I would have tried to comfort you! I do have about 7 years experience with this medically and 13 years personally! Fell free to text or call me with any questions you may have!!!

    Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wonder why people that inconsiderate choose to go through so much schooling to become doctors.

    ReplyDelete