Thursday, December 30, 2010
Fear
This sucks and that's the only way I can explain it. With every passing week, I feel relieved and terrified at the same time. I'm 32 weeks now and 35 is quickly approaching, which is when I lost Alexandra. I know this is a different pregnancy, blah, blah, blah... but I cannot help but wonder, do I only have 3 more weeks left to go with this baby? I am hating this. Rather than being excited about his upcoming arrival, I'm just plain afraid I'm going to lose him too. I hate that I'm terrified of going to sleep each night because I'm afraid that when I wake up in the morning, he'll be gone. I hate that we have no real explanation as to why we lost Alexandra, so this entire pregnancy is kind of like a guessing game as to what will happen. I hate that I'm still terrified to buy any actual baby clothes. We received a couple of things for him at Christmas, which I was really happy about. I'm thinking if I reach 35, I will celebrate and buy a bunch of things then and do all of the things I didn't get to do with Alexandra. Maybe I just need to get over that milestone. I remember with Alexandra, the day I turned 35 weeks, I actually felt relieved. Her entire pregnancy, I acted as if I had already had a loss! I wish I could see into the future. All I want is to know this baby will be coming home with us. : ( This is so hard. I feel like every Mom who has gone through a pregnancy after a loss deserves a freakin medal! And it also annoys me that no matter how many times I tell people I'm afraid or worried, I hear, "Oh, everything WILL be just fine!!!!!" Oh really? Prove it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My favorite comment besides "everything will be fine" is, "Well he's in the safest spot possible (in the womb)" to which I want to scream, "Are you kidding me? That's where Lyra died. It wasn't so safe for her."
ReplyDeleteOn a more positive note though, you're not abnormal for those thoughts. Allow them to come up, and then find a way to balance them out with something else? I just keep telling myself that at this moment, I can feel him move... and to take a day at a time. I know that's easier said, than done though. Thinking of you as you move closer to 35 weeks...big ((Hugs))
The anxiety leading up to when we lost our babies is so hard. Thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate. I still check everytime I go to the washroom for blood. That's 15 weeks now of checking everyday, everytime! I hate the comments too. The worst are "well try to be careful" or "don't do anything dangerous" Like I was suddenly going to take up ufc fighting or like I did something wrong the last time. ugh!
ReplyDeleteThe 2 weeks before we reached the point of when we lost Aidan were awful! Now that we have past that point, I'm still afraid, but I'm getting more excited.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you Maggie! Always thinking about Alexandra, you and your new baby boy. Love <3
ReplyDelete