Monday, November 29, 2010

28 weeks

28 weeks now and.... still not feeling all that safe. I know Alexandra's pregnancy is completely different than this one. It's a different baby too. Just because I lost Alexandra at 35 weeks does not mean something will happen with this one (fingers crossed). It's just so hard to feel completely confident in everything when I know the worst can happen because it happened once before. I hate it! But.... we had an ultrasound today and everything was well and on track. Baby is 2 lbs. 12 oz. :-) and here he is! I love him! I go back in five weeks and at 32 weeks, I start weekly NSTs. All I want is to bring this little guy home, so very much.


I haven't been able to buy anything yet because I've been too afraid. The logical side of me says, don't be silly. The act of buying something for this baby will not 'jinx' you. But my heart says, 'don't even think of it just yet'. I've been able to look at a lot of things I want though, so I guess that's a step in the right direction. The whole thing just sucks to say the least. This time with Alexandra, we had already signed her up for daycare and she was practically in the door. With this baby, we've been too afraid to sign her up for daycare and because of that, we probably won't get in until the fall. But I would rather have the dilemma of not knowing how to take care of the baby until then rather than something else right now. Hopefully in the next few weeks, I'll start to feel a little more confident and can start spoiling this new baby! And now that I'm officially on maternity leave, maybe I can start. :-)  I decided to take an extra long leave this time around. No stress, no worrying about getting into a potential car accident on the way to or from work in the crazy traffic and weather... just lots of time to take it easy and focus on this little man.

11 comments:

  1. Maggie I am so happy that you have made it this far!!! He looks adorable in the US pic. I think you are very smart for taking the extra time off to lessen your stress as much as possible. I will have a student teacher starting at 26 weeks until 35 weeks, so I will be able to relax way more!! Here's to a very uneventful next couple of months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to buying and preparing, what works best for you is the most important thing! Glad he's doing so well, and what a sweet image of him. Hang in there. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for taking all the time you need to set up for babyboy and for taking care of yourself... for knowing what is important for the well being of both of you!

    Relax (as much as possible!) and enjoy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is adorable! I know the feeling, I won't feel 100% comfortable until the baby is home with us. But I did go out and buy something and already did my registery. I figure it makes it more permanent if he has stuff around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the same way about buying things. I finally allowed myself to start around 28 weeks or so. Do what works best for you. You will know when the time is right. Loving the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby is so sweet! I understand not wanting to get anything for him - I didn't get much ready for my rainbows, but with family and friends helping, we were set up with all the babies needed before they came home from the hospital. When you do feel confident enough to buy things, I know you will have fun with all the cute things available! I'm thrilled that you are able to stay at home and rest! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love this picture!! why didnt i know you have a 3D today?? His little fist is adorable!!

    I wish we could *feel* more confident..but looking at stuff is a big step, especially when we said we never would!! Small steps, he WILL be spoiled when he is here, so dont worry about that. Im so glad you are home now, i need you here LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture is amazing...what a gift he is!! Take your time doing what's best for you...you'll know when the time feels right to start buying things. Wish it wasn't this way for you...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great you can start your maternity leave early!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can definitely understand how you are feeling. I imagine I might feel the same way. I am glad to hear you are able to be start your maternity leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *hugs* You may not feel completely comfortable till he comes home, but consider each week one week closer. It is so hard.

    ReplyDelete