Am I the only one that is not quite comforted by everything "looking good"? Because, that's all I ever heard with Alexandra until things WEREN'T looking good... But, to try and sound a bit more positive, today, everything looked good. I am right on track and baby is actually measuring a little ahead, in the 55% percentile and weighs 1 lb. 4 oz. So today I feel great about things. Next week (or maybe even tomorrow) I'll be worrying again. If they did ultrasounds every single day, I seriously think I would be okay with that. :-) I go back for another ultrasound in about five weeks and start NSTs shortly after that. Here is a picture of our little guy... and I'm not sure why it showed up sideways. :/
The other night, I went to buy a "Baby's 1st Halloween" onesie for my new niece along with some other things. I should have also been buying Alexandra one and it felt so sad. Then, I had every intention of starting to buy some blue things for this baby, but I got too scared. The logical side of me says that buying things for this baby will not "jinx" him in any way, but the pyschological side of me says, "don't even think about doing that stuff yet! are you kidding me??" Maybe someday soon...or maybe he'll just run around naked for the first few days after he's born, what's the harm in that? Or maybe he'll wear pink for the first week or so... I don't know. I just hope he comes home.

I know there isn't a lot of reassurance in things are looking good but I'm glad to hear it!
ReplyDeleteI soooo know what you mean about things "looking good." I hope he comes home too.
ReplyDeleteI pray he comes home too
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm struggling with that too. I actually didn't buy anything for Blaine and I feel like I want to for this baby. More in case something bad happens. I would have liked to have a stuffed toy or blankie that was his.
ReplyDeleteI also hope he comes home (((HUGS))) Love you little nephew! xoxo
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything is good although I know it is never truly reassuring.
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie, excellent that everything is looking good.. i hate that term too.. my ob says it to me all the time... i keep telling him i will relax when my baby is out and alive and on his way home! poor man im sure hes sick of me by now..
ReplyDeletei am now at the stage where hes seeing me every week and yet weekly ultrasounds still arent enough.. perhaps a home ultrasound machine that i could look at whenever i wanted would make me feel better.. its taken all my strength not to buy a home doppler :)
i hope all continues to go well for you and and your little man dear.. thinking of you
xx
Even for me at 34 weeks I still don't feel reassured. I am glad all is well but completely understand this (hugs)
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear all is well! I love that--"...or maybe he'll just run around naked for the first few days after he's born..." Thinking about you always!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear everything is looking good...and I understand how that's just not quite enough. I too would love to have daily ultrasounds. I told my husband we should look into buying the machine. :) Right...
ReplyDeleteAnd I too am so scared to start buying any baby items. I've started to look at them in stores, but I don't touch. It will be a big deal when I buy my first something for this baby (that I only hope is born alive and healthy!).
XOXOXO
Been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. He is so precious, thank you for sharing your u/s picture. I definitely can relate to the sadness as this is our first Halloween without Lilly. many *hugs* to you my dear internet friend.
ReplyDeleteThose nerves are completely normal!!! I am so glad things are looking good, but I also understand that things can go bad too. I keep you in my prayers and if he has to wear pink for a few days I honestly think he will forgive you eventually ;p No it would be just fine!!!
ReplyDelete