Tomorrow I will officially be 21 weeks pregnant. Normally, I would have a sigh of relief because I have gotten this far, but let's face it..I still have a hell of a long ways to go. I'm not even at my "scary" week yet (35 weeks). I don't think I'm going to feel relieved until this baby boy is in my arms screaming. I hate this feeling of worry and doom. I try to be positive every day though too, it's just super hard.
Today I called my doctor to ask her if what I've been feeling lately is normal. I barely ever did this with Alexandra. I always thought, it's normal... I'm fine. And would usually take whatever I read in my books or online as being okay. Not this time! My belly has been feeling tight and full, usually in the evenings when I'm home from work. It doesn't hurt and it's just uncomfortable to say the least. I don't feel like walking anywhere and I just want to sit my ass down on the couch and watch TV. So I called today about it and my doctor said to come on in for some reassurance. Sure enough, baby's heartbeat was a perfect 150 bpm and she said it was everything just stretching. Has anyone felt like this? I'm just curious. The only thing that worried me was it wasn't going away after a few minutes and lasting for hours. But I guess it's all normal. :-)
I'm glad everything is okay and I'm really glad my doctor agreed to see me. I wasn't expecting an actual visit. I thought she would just call back and tell me what it was, so that was actually nice (considering I just saw her Tuesday too)! I go for another ultrasound in two weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but also worrying...of course.
I have been worried for the last 3 weeks about how tight my belly feels at times... I am glad to know it is normal as I never experienced it with my boys. I wondered if it was Braxton Hicks?
ReplyDeleteI feel like a complete worry wart this time around and my doctor moved away so I am with a new doctor who is fantastic but I feel as though I am a hypochondriac and that she may roll her eyes at me with all of my questions... so I usually don't ask too much and rely on Google (not the best doctor at times!)
I am glad you got reassurance and are able to answer my questions too! Thanks Dr. Maggie ;)
xo
I have been feeling it the last 2 days and I hate the feeling. I hate contractions with Juanito from the bleed and I am so scared that this is the same thing. UGH.... this is so frustrating! I sure hope you start to feel better soon. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteSounded like Braxton HIcks with how you explained it, but with my braxton hicks i also felt my belly 'squeezed' the baby and i would see the shape of the baby through the belly...im glad you went in!! being proactive is the ONLY way we can feel any type of relief...21 weeks!!!! I kind of wanna sing the bon jovi song "half way there" but i wont...im sure its in ur head now anyway =P
ReplyDeleteKEep growing and kicking little nephew...im curious on ur name though!! Your momma is keeping that quiet for now =)
I experienced it around that time. My tummy didn't feel tight to the touch, but kinda felt like stretching and turned out it was all that was. You may find yourself popping soon. :) Your tummy popping out...not the baby.
ReplyDeleteIf it was BH it would come and go and not last for hours. *hugs*
My scary week was last week and the worry is still there. I agree, I am not going to feel relieved till this baby is safe in my arms. I am glad that everything is okay and that you trusted your gut and went to the doctors when you were not sure.
ReplyDeleteI don't think there is total relief for any mom til they are here and in loving arms!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have such a supportive and understanding doctor. My tummy was tight a lot with my 3rd pregnancy it would last for 3 hours at a time. I think it was those braxton hicks contractions :) glad to hear everything is going well. I think there will not be 100% relief until you have your baby in your arms.
ReplyDelete